The Information Technology for Public Transport Association (ITxPT) is finalizing its incorporation as a non-profit Association (aisbl) composed of public transport stakeholders. ITxPT aims at supporting the deployment of standards and practices for onboard plug-and-play of IT-systems for public transport and the relevant back-office features.
The Secretary General (SG) will be responsible for all aspects linked to the finalization of the ITxPT Association under the Belgian Law and to the operation of ITxPT, not only in terms of day-to-day office and association’s activities managements, but also the medium to long-term objectives, including the continued development and growth of the association in line with the workplan. The SG is responsible for securing long-term sustainability through effective governance, sound financial practices and the delivery of membership services. The Secretary General is appointed by the Executive Board.
The Secretary General is specifically in charge of:
- The daily administration and book-keeping of the Association (convening of meetings, finance reporting, etc.)
- Developing and presenting for approval to the bodies all strategies for the implementation of the ITxPT tasks as defined in the Statutes, Workplan set up proposition to the ITxPT relevant body and Workplan execution with ITxPT Members;
- Coordinating the development of all the action plans needed to ensure the implementation of strategies approved by the bodies of ITxPT;
- Ensuring the daily management of ITxPT including administrative and financial management of ITxPT, budget preparation, presentation to the relevant ITxPT bodies and execution thereof;
- Providing tactical, operational management and marketing actions of key events that ITxPT is to organize or to be represented at as part of its mission;
- Developing memberships and products aiming at cost covering;
- Ensuring the representation of ITxPT in all contacts with Members, relevant international and national organisations and third parties in general.
The position of SG is half time and permanent with a flexible location.
Applications (CV and Cover Letter) should be addressed to: Umberto Guida, Chairman of the ITxPT Executive Board, ITxPT Association, Rue Sainte Marie 6, B-1080 Brussels, BELGIUM. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 11th December 2015.