UITP as one of the partners of the IT2Rail project (www.it2rail.eu) is currently looking for 5 ethical, privacy & security external experts dealing with ethical issues and the protection of individual rights. The experts should contribute to the development of the project through an Ethical, Privacy & Security Experts’ Group by providing scientific and technical expertise.
The remit of the Ethical, Privacy and Security group is to fill in a knowledge gap that the consortium members cannot properly fulfil without external input. These experts will help ensure compliance with the EU privacy and personal data protection legislation, ethical and societal acceptance, as well as security aspects, taking into account various situations across Europe. Therefore, this group will have an in-depth look at the use of data and the impact of the new systems on passengers.
The main activities of the EG Ethical, Privacy and Security are the following:
- to help clarifying the various situations in terms of market needs, constraints and opportunities at EU level;
- to review the project draft recommendations;
- to comment and suggest amendments on expected outcomes and follow-up of the project;
- to review and advise on all relevant documents, to ensure that the legislation is respected, that no ethical, privacy and societal concerns may arise during the solutions’ implementation – either during the project or during the roll-out of its results;
- to advise on the (possible) interaction with the National Data Protection Authority(ies) for the implementation of the project pilot;
- to help the project partners to overcome specific difficulties, advising on the best solutions to be chosen, etc.
The experts’ recommendations should concern not only the case of the project, but also the later implementation of these services into real-life environments by S2R (Shift2Rail). Particular attention will be given to the safe and secure management of personal data by the different operators/other relevant stakeholders (including the safety and security aspects of it) and to the impact of the new systems on passengers.
The Ethical, Privacy & Security experts will deal with ethical issues and the protection of individual rights. These experts will have to perform specific work at the request of the project through 5 meetings until the end of the project. In the case of very specific project information needs, it might be necessary to organise conference calls or extra meetings. The organisation of all meetings will be done in accordance with the available budget.
Please consult this document for the full description of the position.
Applications (CV in English) should be addressed by 31st October 2016 by post to:
Cristina Hernández de la Poza – IT2Rail Project Manager
UITP, Research & Innovation Department
Rue Sainte Marie 6,
B-1080 Brussels, BELGIUM
or e-mail: email@example.com
Please be informed that only successful applicants will be contacted.